Samstag, 14. Dezember 2013

Sky Radebe | Orange Farm



Radio Not | Skyto Poetry Movement
| 13/14 | Sky Radebe | Orange Farm

Accompanying words by Sky Radebe:
When writing this poem I had a question in mind more than a point to put across and that question was “Does the dust blind for life or is temporary?” I had a great opportunity to catch up with a young lady I knew from back in high school, and all the thoughts of yesterday come rushing back like rain with no warning on a sunny day and the one question I had in my mind was “Does the dust blind for life or is temporary?” because we both come from the dusty and muddy when it rains township called Orange Farm were tomorrow is not usually considered. But she made me see the changes that are possible in our country. Like the classic poem written by Tupac Shakur, the 22 year old Diana Mokwena is a perfect example of a rose that grew from a crack in the concrete. If people like me and her could make it why not tell people about this little place that most people haven’t heard about Orange Farm.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen